About Me

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Starting a running group

I know many people love to run alone and I do at times but I love running with a buddy.  I have been running with my SIL but she is currently pregnant and has not been running as much.  So I decided to try and find a running group.  I tried a local running club but really did not click with any members plus the times of the runs were not convenient.

 So embracing stepping out of my comfort zone, I have decided to set up my own running group.  I am really lost on how to go about it.  I really dont know too many runners in my area ( I guess the point of starting a group).  I have started researching and reaching out to some people but really I am still at square one.  So I thought I would reach out to the blogging world.  I have a few questions...

Have you started a running group?

Live in the area and want find some running buddies?

Have any tips on how to start a group?

When researching, I stumbled upon Irun Mommies and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

Any input would be greatly appericated.

I am very excited to get this group in motion...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some good tips for you. I run alone and I guess I like it that way. No schedules to adhere to or pace to match. But running with people would sure be nice sometimes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete