About Me

Monday, October 18, 2010

Bay State Marathon Spectator Report

On Sunday, I had the privilege of going to Lowell, Ma and cheering my best friend, Becky, in her first marathon. I was so proud of her. This was my first time going to a marathon to cheer someone I knew personally. It was quite the adventure…

A few highlights:

~Made a kick ass shirt for my son to wear

~Getting to see my best friend at mile 13, 25 and 26.2!!! (Would have love to be there sooner but L Boogie would not have love it as much)

~Experiencing the excitement of the crowds it was awesome. I teared up several times… who knew running got me so emotional

~L Boogie high fiving Becky at mile 13

~Being part of Becky's special moment and watching her complete her goal


 

Some lowlights

~Someone breaking trying to break into my car or setting off car alarm thus draining the battery

~Waiting for AAA to come jump my battery for over 90 minutes on the side of a busy road with a wiggly toddler

~Forgetting my camera so only getting one picture


Overall, it was such a great experience and I was so happy to cheer on my friend. It was an honor to be part of her accomplishment. It made me even more excited for my own marathon in May. And who know maybe I will even do the bay state next year!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment