About Me

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals for the New Year

I have never been one for resolutions but I have been feeling like my life has been lacking  direction and focus lately.  So this is the prefect time to refocus my life. It will certainly be a challenge to complete all this goal but I am excited to try!! I will be doing monthly updates to keep myself honest over this year.  I am excited to see what this year brings!!
Fitness-

  • Run 1111 miles in 2011 which is roughly 93 miles a month or 23 miles per week
  • Stick to training plan including speed workouts- When not in training run 4times per week with one speed work out, one hill work out, one tempo run and long run and cross train twice
  • Run a marathon
  • PR in 10K and Half-marathon
  • Become a Half -Fanatic
  • Lift 2 to 3 times per week
  • Find a running group/ partner 

Health-

  • Eat 4 sweet things or less a week
  • No more than 2 cups of coffee a day
  • Drink 2 cups of water to each cup of seltzer
  • Provide new and interesting meals for the whole family
  • Do weekly meal planning
Blog
  • Develop my writing further--- I suck as a writer
  • Bring more focus to blog
  • Comment and connect with other bloggers more
  • Meet other blogger and maybe find some blogging running partners( anyone coming to Boston for the marathon let me know)
Other

  • Be a more present wife and mother
  • Enjoy the simple things in life
  • Find joy in the everyday thing
What you are your goals this year??

4 comments:

  1. nice post Karyn. I am trying the weekly meal planning too. I am not very good in that department and with 4 kiddos I need to be organized. I am near Nashua so if you ever want a weekend long partner and it works for both of us let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following you...I find meal planning hard and we started going to Dream Dinners to help out. I make and freeze a month's worth of meals at a time...

    Your goals are great. Looking forward to how you accomplish them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals!!! I'll be in Boston watching the marathon.... I'm a little ways off from running it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with your goals. You are very committed. I will enjoy seeing you reach them all, one by one this year. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete