About Me

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Resting is hard sometimes.

Last week, I posted that I was not feeling well and should I run or not.  I got some inspirational comments about powering through it.  So that is what I did.  I ran 3 times last week but could not shake this cold/cough.  At the urging of J, I finally went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis.  It was actually pretty surprising to me since I did not feel that bad expect my horrible cough. The doctor advised rest for a week since my lungs were very irritated. 

Tomorrow is the day I can finally run again.  For so many months, I looked for excuses to work out.  Now I am completely bummed I can't funny how things change.  I cant wait to hit the pavement again.  I do worry that I have lost come fitness.... guess we will see tomorrow.

Have you been force to take a rest period from running?  Did you notice any loss of fitness?

3 comments:

  1. It's a toss up for me: sometimes I am pleasantly surprised that I'm stronger after taking a few days off. Other times i'm really sluggish.

    Hope your run tomorrow goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love working out and am rather annoyed by rest days :) even though they are good. I agree about feeling a little sluggish initially, but your fitness returns really quick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will be fine and invigorated...there's bound to be a little lost fitness, but you'll be good to go soon!! You're dedicated!

    ReplyDelete