About Me

Monday, November 8, 2010

Running while sick... what do you do?

So I have come down with my first cold of the season and I feel like crap.  It is cold, rainy and windy here so that does not help.  I was planning on running tomorrow morning but with this cold and how I feel I am not sure.  Part of me wants to give myself the extra day to rest and part of me wants to push myself.  Of course, my husband the sweet non runner that he is says take the day off.  I guess i will set the alarm and see how I feel in the morning.

How about you... do you push through illness or give your body a rest???

6 comments:

  1. It definitely depends. However, I would take the rest day with the hopes the rest day helps fight the cold quicker. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends. If I am sick to the point I have a hard time holding my head up and functioning during my work day, then I definitely rest. But if I just feel blah, I go run but take it a little easier than I normally would.
    Load on up the vitamin c and rest! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big baby and if I don't feel good then I don't exercise. I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually run through it, unless I'm bedridden. If it's a cold, a lot of times, running will help clear your head/congestion/etc. and you'll feel better afterwards. Plus it helps boost your immunity so it will help you get over the cold faster. Just don't go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I can breathe through my nose, then I'm usually well enough to run. I visualize that I'm sweating out the germs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies... I ended up going for a run and felt pretty good expect for the driving rain at the end...

    ReplyDelete