About Me

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Running Date??

(not J and I )
Today I was driving and I saw six different couples running together.  At first, I thought nothing of it but then I started to get a little jealous.  I wish that J and I could run together.  When I was pregnant with L Boogie, we would talk about going on family runs and  doing a 5k with the jogger.  I was excited to be that kinda of family.  J claims he came to his senses and remember he hates running.  He used to run and now decided it is not for him. Although, I have accepted that we may never do that family 5k, I hold out hope that we will some. 

Sparked by all the running couples, I decided to look up some articles about the benefits of working out together.  I found this article about the  benefits of workout together. I decided to make list for J of all the reasons we should workout together.  

Here is the list:
Why the Smaileys Should Run Together:
Safety: You know I am klusty... I am bound to fall better to fall with you then alone.
Common Interest:  L Boogie is a wonderful interest we share but we could use another!
Encouragement:  You are the best cheerleader a girl could ask for and I can make up some great cheers for you!!
Quality Time:  We could always use more time together...
A Deeper Bond:  Studies show couples who exercise together have more sex... (hope that seals the deal)

He found the reasons somewhat compelling and agreed to give a try in the next couple of days.  I will keep you posted.

Do you exercise with your partner?  If not, do you wish you did?

4 comments:

  1. Hubby and I DO workout and run together when we can. During football season (he is a coach) we don't get to as often because of our schedules but I love when we can go for a run together or do weights together. We've ran several races together and even though he usually finishes ahead of me I love knowing that we start side by side and he is always there to watch me as I cross the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my hubby was into running or even working out so we could at least go to the gym together. I am working on trying to lead by example and hopes it rubs off on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband, dog, and I run together in the warmer weather. Now that it's dark at like noon, we alternate on the treadmill. I love it. I don't have to rely on headphones for entertainment, plus talking while you're running helps with your lung capacity so days when you don't run together you're faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love running with BD!!!

    I've tried running with 'friends' but it's awkward worrying whether I'm going too fast or slow or if the other person wants to chit chat or not...

    Not so with BD (my ex, Baby Daddy) because I don't wonder about him. I just do what I want to do and I know he'll tell me if I need to adjust.

    In addition, I figure that if we're going to get hit by a car, he'd go first since he's the bigger target.

    ReplyDelete